Saturday, October 15, 2016

Twitterchatting

Twitter chatting has become an interesting concept within learning communities. Think of it as a virtual conference, where like minded individuals get together to discuss topics within their communities. The Twitter chat started out a bit slow for my liking, while I saw the tweets coming in, it seemed that the Q&A portion didn't really kick in until about 10 minutes into the "start" time. At this point, the moderator began posing questions which resulted in a give and take among participants.

I think that Twitter chats have a place within the professional development community, although they are not something I would use by myself given the choice. The pace was too slow for my liking, and this is in one of the more "lively groups." I think that a similar concept could be successful given an online teaching forum. This would allow users to see many different relevant concepts, pose different questions about different topics, and still gaining the desired feedback that Twitter chats provide. Forums, however, provide a similar medium without equal time constraints. The only downfall is that you need a larger number of people for them to be viable.


1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that you didn't like it. Believe it or not, we need to know when to avoid something sometimes. On the other hand, what you didn't like about it--namely the slowness--could be a draw for a new user or someone looking for a slower pace. So your review was very thorough for that reason.

    ReplyDelete